Frosé is the “It” drink of the summer, and once you taste it, you’ll know why. Trust. We recently had these frozen spiked bevvies while in Palm Springs, and a few of you were asking me for the recipe. I decided to re-create the recipe, but with a little spin. I noticed that there were about three extra steps that you don’t need to take. So I cut that out, because who time for that?! Also made it lower sugar, and it tasted just as delicious. So… here it is! Only four ingredients and super easy.
- 1 bottle of BOLD rosé (try Merlot, Malbec or Pinot Noir or rosé)
- ½ cup truvia (or you can use sugar, I was just making mine lower sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- About 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pour your rosé into a large pan (I used the same one that we use for lasagna) and freeze until almost solid (at least 6 hours).
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves then add strawberries and remove from heat.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to let the syrup mix with the strawberry flavor. Afterwards, strain through a fine mesh strainer, but don’t squish the strawberries.
- Scrape the rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice and the strawberry syrup with a cup or two of ice.
- Mix it all up and serve with a sliced strawberry as garnish. If you don’t finish it all… no worries! Pop it back in the freezer. You can always put it in the blender again!
If you all make this recipe… make sure to tag me in your photo! I’d love to see what you think of this recipe!