Jeans and a white top. It’s called the classic combo. Today I’m showing you how to update that outfit with trendy pieces you can wear multiple ways. (Seriously, I’m linking multiple outfits!)
SHOP MY LOOK
SHOP MY MAKEUP USED IN THIS POST
MY SELF-CONDUCTED SURVEY OF THE CLASSIC COMBO…
Want to know why jeans and a white shirt is the perfect combo? Well let me tell you…
I’ve actually been thinking about this for the past few days. Not just about how much I love the style (which I do), but why is it so popular? I’ve been asking my friends and family (and random people in grocery checkout lines – I have no shame), about why it’s a look that’s deemed “the classic combo”. Here’s what they’ve said…
- “It’s truly the All-American look. Think about the 1950’s when they were rolling up their jeans and tucking in their white tees. Rolling their cigarette packs in their white tee sleeves. It’s America’s look!”
- “It’s clean. It’s classic. It always looks chic and put together.”
- “Isn’t that what Jennnifer Aniston wears? That’s why I like it.”
- “Jane Birkin made the style cool. You can also add accessories to make it your own. The perfect beginning of an outfit.”
- “It’s carefree, but put-together. It will never go out of style.”
PERSONAL THOUGHTS O THE CLASSIC COMBO…
First of all… I’m impressed with all the answers I received. I feel like I should do more surveys!
Here’s why I personally love the combo:
It really is the “All-American” look and pretty much everyone will have these pieces in their closet. I’m obsessed with Jane Birkin and her IDGAF style. I mean… that’s really the goal anyways. To look cool without trying too hard.
Also, it’s the easiest style to make your own. I made this style my own by wearing embroidered kick flares with an H&M bell sleeve top and block heels from … can you believe it… Target! This outfit incorporates three different trendy pieces while still sticking to the classic combo outfit formula. (Insert that emoji with two hands WAY WAY UP!)
OTHER OUTFIT OPTIONS…
I always love showing you other outfits using the same pieces I’m currently wearing.
Wore theses embroidered jeans on a chillier night with my fave fringe jacket HERE.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by The Nomis Niche! It means so much to me that you all leave comments! It may take me a little time, but I always try to get back to you and show love back on your blogs as well. You all are the best!