The shearling jacket is perfect for the colder weather up ahead, plus it adds a hint of 70’s retro vibes to any outfit…
SHOP MY LOOK
THE RETURN OF SHEARLING:
Unlike some trends (I’m looking at you harem pants), the shearling jacket is not only practical, it’s also classic. It’s had a little bit of a makeover lately too. We’re seeing it on corduroy and leather coats, even on the lapels of denim jackets. It’s incredibly urban, with a tough of 70’s retro, and has been embraced by celebrities and street style stars all over (examples: Alexa Chung, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Chloe Grace Mortez, etc.)
WAYS TO WEAR IT
- Pair with some booties, a striped top and ripped jeans for a casual city style feel.
- Go full on 70’s with flare jeans, boots and a wide brim hat.
- Break up a denim on denim look with a tan or leather shearling jacket.
- Wear an oversized version over a mini skirt and sweater.
- Go for super trendy cool with a pair of raw hem wide leg pants, calf length booties and a mock neck sweater.
- Wear a calf length shearling coat with wide leg pants and a boy blouse for an office appropriate outfit.
SHEARLING JACKETS UNDER $60
The tan corduroy jacket I’m wearing here is actually from Shein and super affordable. Here are some other options from shein.com, so you can pick one that matches your personal style best.
P.S. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Big Beauty Giveaway! Congratulations to Charnay for winning! For more giveaways and exclusive content, make sure to subscribe!