Shorts: Free People (sold out, similar here ) // Hat: Forever 21 // Tee: Old from h&m
Necklaces: Express (I tore all the stones off and put them on different length chains) //
Bracelets: American Eagle and Urban Outfitters // Sandals and Kimono: Target!
Seeing every one’s Coachella pics has me in the festival fashion mood. While I’ve never been to the Cali event – I HAVE been to Bonnaroo in Tennessee and it was one of the greatest experiences ever!
Saw this kimono and it reminded me of Stevie Nicks so I snatched it up. (P.S. as I’m writing this I’m listening to “Gypsy” by Fleetwood Mac – on full volume).
I hope wherever you are the sun is shinin’ and you’re soaking it all in.
(Band of Gypsies)
It’s my “Ode to Spring” dress. What better time to whip out all your florals than now? I love this h&m dress because it’s so structured it could literally stand on it’s own without being on a body. It’s also fits perfectly.
If the dress looks familiar – it’s because was actually featured on the show “Fashion Star”. Unfortunately it was cancelled last year which STANKS because it pumped out well-made pieces by real designers that were available in stores the day after the episode aired.
Jessica Simpson and Nicole Richi were two of the judges on the show, and after the runway portion stores would bid on the pieces. I always hoped h&m would win the bid because that meant you could snag a well-made piece on the cheap. The more I talk about it the more I want to start a petition to bring it back!
Dress: h&m (old but black similar style here
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here
Lipstick: MAC in “Mehr”
1. Alexa Chung: “The short story”
2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: “Put a lid on it”
3. Miranda Kerr: “Bag it up baby”
4. Kate Moss: “Neutral Nancy”
Whether they’re strutting down a sidewalk or killing it on the catwalk, let’s face it, models just get it right. I mean – I guess the skills they learn on the job SHOULD trickle down into their lives, right? But these lovely ladies have got to be my fave four. And if you watch them close enough (in a totally non-creepy way of course) you’ll notice they have particular go-to’s. Like a uniform – only way cooler than any uniform I’ve ever worn! (my brain just did a flashback to my Firehouse Subs visor and apron I wore during college. Yikes!)
1. Alexa Chung tends to go for mini skirts or shorts. And if I had her legs – I think I’d live in them.
2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley makes me want to start a hat collection of my own. Whether it’s a fedora or a wide-brimmed 70’s style topper – it just makes the outfit look so much more pulled together.
3. Miranda Kerr shows how easy it is to turn a somewhat simple outfit into something totally chic just by adding a colorful bag.
4. Kate Moss wears a lot of neutrals – and a formula I’d like to call T.B.H.S. (tee-blazer-heels-skinnies) It could also stand for Trendy Brits High School – in which case Alexa and Rosie would have probably graduated from there too – summa cum lade.
Pantone’s color of the year is “Radiant Orchid”. And I’m so happy because I have basically no purple in my wardrobe – and this means stores will be pumping out items in this color by spring / summer. (yay!) Not everyone likes to dress head to toe purple so I’ve found a few (inexpensive) ways you can be on trend without going coo coo color crazy.
1. This dress by Calvin Klein
would be perfect for work. It stands out but isn’t overwhelming. For a simple look – wear it with turquoise jewelry and some nude shoes. For a little more “umph” try a larger statement necklace – and some metallic shoes.
2. I actually own a similar purse like this one from ASOS
and wear it when I’ve got a neutral outfit on for some pop. I like this one because it’s inexpensive, simple and small enough to carry around if you’re, say, running errands.
3. Equipment blouse. This would be the alternative to the shirt dress if you didn’t want to wear as much of the color. Again, I’d pair it with a big necklace and maybe a blazer / jeans or skinny pants.
4. Caitlin from the blog A little dash of darling
nails it with this! She paired a radiant orchid skirt with a jean jacket and striped shirt (and who doesn’t already have that in their closet? If you don’t – go out and buy them… after reading this of course).
5. To all you commitment-phobes out there… nail color is the EASIEST way to rock a new trend. It’s cheap – plus… if you don’t like it… just take it off!
6. These shoes from ASOS
are perfect! I’d pair them with a navy dress – or actually anything! This color actually goes with a lot. (navy, turquoise, mustard, blue, emerald, grey, black, white…)