As a fashion and beauty blogger, one of the perks is that I get to try a lot of different skincare products. Some hit the nail on the head, while others miss the mark. So, today I’m sharing with you the products I’ve been using and swear by. I’ve been telling my friends, co-workers and family about them, so I thought… why not share them with you as well?
MY SKIN TYPE
Growing up, I never really had acne problems. I thank my parents for their good genes! However, now that I’m older my skin has gotten increasingly more sensitive. Certain skincare products and makeup can break me out after just one use. How backwards is that?! Instead of breaking out in middle school like everyone else, I’m now having to deal with pimples and rashes popping up in my adult years. Geez! Also, now that I live in the desert I need to pay extra attention to moisturizing my face. The raisin-face look isn’t cute. On anyone.
After trying out a lot of different products, I think I’ve finally found what works best for my skin and for the climate that I live in. So here goes…
- I DON’T WASH MY FACE! Yes, you read that correctly. I do not wash my face in the morning. I find that it dries out my skin, and I need to keep those natural oils. The only water that hits my face in the morning is the water from the shower.
- The first thing I do after getting out of the shower is put on my Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil. A few drops on my face and neck is all I need. This gives me some added moisture and I find it can help even out my skin tone.
- Next up is my Simple moisturizer with SPF. I slather that on my face and neck after the serum soaks in.
- I just started using eye cream this year, and what a difference it’s made! I’m loving the VII Code T2 Oxygen Eye Cream right now and use it every morning. Not only does it help prevent wrinkles, it also helps my eye makeup go on smoother. Based on the results I’ve seen, it’s definitely worth the splurge. Think about it, people look into your eyes everyday! You want that area to look good. I’ve also used their under eye oxygen eye pads and highly recommend them.
- Last step is makeup and go!
- I first take off all my makeup with Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes. I’ve used other brands before, but they’ve broken me out. This is one of the only brands that doesn’t give me a rash. It also removes my makeup pretty easily, so I don’t have to scrub and cause irritation.
- Next, I wash my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. If you take one thing away from this post, I hope this is it. I have two travel Cetaphil containers and a big one that I keep in my bathroom cabinet. It’s my absolute favorite and I don’t travel anywhere without it! Also, I only wash my face with white wash cloths. That’s how I know my face rags aren’t being used to clean the toilet or clean up messes on the floor. Gross! I use them once and them throw them in the hamper. It prevents bacteria transfer.
- Moisturizer. I will go one of two ways. If my skin is in decent shape, I’ll use Organic Coconut oil over my face and neck. It’s incredibly moisturizing and doesn’t break me out. If my skin needs some extra help (i.e. had a little more wine than I should have) I use 100% Pure Retinol Restorative Overnight Balm. It gives my skin some extra help and I wake up looking refreshed.
- Eye cream take 2. Can’t pay enough attention to those peepers! I apply VII Code eye cream again before bed.
I use my derma roller about two to three times per week. I run it all over my face, minus my eyes. If I’m doing this at night, I’ll skip the coconut oil and overnight balm, and apply the Derma Cell moisturizer instead. It’s specifically designed to promote skin repair and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It really does work, and if you don’t believe me, they’re offering a 60-day guarantee or your money back. For my full write-up on this click HERE. I also have another derma roller for my legs. You can check out that post HERE.
Do you have any skincare products I should know about? Any organic lines you think I should try? Let me know in the comment section below.
Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram, I’ve got a big giveaway coming up!