If you’re a coffee and wine lover like me, than keeping your pearly whites… well… pearly white can be difficult at times. I’ve used whitening strips in the past and they seemed to work fine, but then again, I never actually tried anything else… until now.
I recently had the opportunity to try out Smile Brilliant’s teeth whitening kit and I’m surprised by how much of a difference having a custom molded tray can actually make!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Create your mold – Smile Brilliant gives you two trays so you can make impressions of your top and bottom teeth. After creating your trays, you ship them off and wait for your customized molds to arrive.
2. Apply whitening gel – You can leave them on anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Apply desensitizing gel – I always applied this afterwards because it helps with any irritation and prevents new stains from forming. I kept that gel on for about 15 minutes.
4. Repeat as needed – Each syringe is good for three applications (both top and bottom teeth), meaning they give you PLENTY of product. I still have a whole syringe left to use!
STRIPS VS. TRAYS:
– The fitted whitening trays stay put, which means so does the whitening gel.
– The trays force the whitening gel into the grooves of your teeth, not just on the surface, giving you a more evenly white smile.
– I experienced less sensitivity with the trays
(For other benefits of choosing custom fitted teeth whitening trays, click HERE)
That last point was a big one for me. I have pretty sensitive teeth, so finding a product that wasn’t going to be painful was a big bonus. I was able to comfortably wear my teeth whitening trays for about an hour to an hour and a half. While my teeth never felt sensitive, my gums did get a little irritated on the first go-round, but I realized that was just because I put too much gel in the tray and it went up on my gums. As long as you only put the recommended amount in your trays you should be A-OK my friends. (If you’d like to hear what other people are saying about Smile Brilliant’s teeth whitening kit, there are also a ton of YouTube videos of people reviewing their products (like this one I found).
Also, since the trays stay put you can basically do anything you want while you wear them. I usually wore mine while putting on my makeup and doing my hair. By the time I was finished getting ready it was time to take out my trays. It’s as easy as that! Other times I would throw them in while I caught up on Netflix (just finished 6th season of “Shameless”… SO GOOD!)
BEFORE & AFTER
Here’s a look at my before and after pictures. I still have one of the syringes left and I’m already noticing a brighter smile.
So are you ready to start whitening your teeth? I’ve partnered up with Smile Brilliant to give one lucky winner a free teeth whitening kit! Just click HERE to enter for your chance to win! You’ll have until October 25th to enter. You can also score 5% off the at-home whitening kit by using the discount code thenomisniche5.