I’ve tried it on my face, now I’m giving it a go on my legs. Here are my thoughts so far on The Derma Roller System…
I wrote a post on The Derma Roller System a little over a year ago and discussed the benefits of using it on my face. (Spoiler alert: I had great results.) So, I decided to try it out on my legs too. I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, and it doesn’t matter what I do, they never seem to go away. I thought, if it worked on my face, it may be able to help my body marks too.
If you’ve never heard of The Derma Roller System, or aren’t really sure how it works, let me explain…
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
The Derma Roller System renews your skin cells by using “Collagen Induction Therapy” (C.I.T.). It’s a process where the derma rollers’ 200 fine needles are rolled over your skin to cause your pores to open temporarily. While your pores are opened, it triggers your body’s natural healing process to heal the pores. This stimulates collagen and elastin production. If you add nourishing creams to your skin while your pores are open… your skins absorption of these vitamins, enzymes, etc. are enhanced!
HOW IT REMOVES STRETCH MARKS:
Stretch marks can develop during pregnancy, growth spurts, rapid muscle growth and weight loss/gain. My marks showed up during college. I gained the “Freshman 15” (OK, more like 25) and because the weight gain was so quick, my skin couldn’t keep up. I’ve since lost the weight, but I still have these lovely little reminders on my inner thighs. I used the 2.0 needle point option, wich is recommended for body treatment.
The Derma Roller System can help remove stretch marks by stimulating the production of new collagen fibres and elastin in the skin. Producing more collagen and elastin in the skin fills in stretch marks as the skin thickens, tightens and elasticity is restored.
THE TREATMENT PROCESS
- Wash and dry hands and the area you’re treating with soap and water.
- Roll the derma roller gently over the area you’re treating 4 times vertically, 4 times horizontally, 4 times diagonally to the left and 4 times diagonally to the right. This stimulates the collagen and elastin formation in your skin.
- Apply the collagen cream on the treatment area.
- Treat once every 3-4 weeks.
- After you’re finished with your treatment, rinse the derma roller under hot water. Then, disinfect by placing it head first in a half glass of disinfectant (I used rubbing alcohol) for 30 minutes to an hour. Lay it on a clean towel. Once it’s dry, you can put it back in it’s case.
MY RESULTS SO FAR
I’ve only just started using the roller on my thighs, but if the results are anything like I saw on my face, I’m going to be very happy. I’ll keep you updated on the process!
The Derma Roller can also be used on your face and scalp. There are varying needle-point sizes, so you can choose the roller that best fits your needs. It’s all explained on the website, which I’ve found very informative.
Have you every tried The Derma Roller System? What were your results?